MTN Cameroon (MTNC) is a subsidiary of the MTN Group created on 15 February 2000, following the acquisition by MTN International of the first mobile operator in Cameroon, CAMTEL Mobile. In 18 years of activity, MTN Cameroon has imposed itself as the leader of the electronic communications market in Cameroon, and essential partner of the socio-economic growth of Cameroon.
- Since its creation, MTNC has massively invested in the construction of a 2G,3G and 4G network which is today the most robust and extensive in the country, and even in the Central African sub-region. The extension of this network enables MTN to cover roughly 93% of the population of Cameroon, and have redundant presence as well as an uninterrupted service in all the agglomerations of over 50 000 in
- MTNC plays a major role in the Cameroonian economy, and is one of the biggest private investors of the country (roughly USD 1.5 billion invested since 2000). MTN is also the second biggest contributor to State revenues in terms of taxes and customs duties paid. The investments realised by MTN Cameroon have contributed towards the growth of over a thousand SME partners and vendors of the company. Amongst the essential investments of MTN, conspicuously features the connection of Cameroon to the WACS sub-marine cable, strategic tool that enables countries nowadays to access cost-effective and abundant high-speed internet.
- Since the year 2000, MTNC has created on average 74 new direct jobs each year being an overall of over a thousand direct jobs of which 40% are occupied by women. In addition, the dynamism of its activity provides daily income to about 200, 000 families.
- In 2005, MTN created the very first corporate foundation in Cameroon to which 1% of its profit after tax is allocated. This Foundation contributes to the welfare of communities by working in the areas of health, community development and education.
- Hendrik KASTEEL, Chief Executive Officer
- Patrick ATTOUNGBRE, Chief Marketing Officer
- Shoyinka SHODUNKE, Chief Technology & Information Officer
- Ebenezer Bodylawson, Chief Financial Officer
- Felix N. Fon NDIKUM, Acting General Manager Corporate Services
- Victor OBEN, General Manager Human Resources
- Alain NONO, General Manager Mobile Financial Services
- Franck Gerard KOM, General Manager Customer Services
- Wasiu IBRAHIM, General Manager Risk & Compliance
- Igor YENON, General Manager Sales and Distribution
Mission & Vision
Vision: Lead the delivery of a bold digital new world.
Mission: Make our customers’ life a whole lot brighter.